OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2003-09

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL


 MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->



















xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: RE: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL



My comments,

I don't think the WSPL document is out of the scope of XACML.
It is merely a strict profile of use of XACML for a particular
application. SAML does this all the time, creating profiles, so
that it will work with a particular technology, like web browsers.

I've read the document, and although I don't condone web services as a
viable efficient mechanism for backoffice communications, I don't see
anything wrong with it.

My $2 cents.

Cheers,
-Polar


On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Anne Anderson wrote:

> Colleagues,
>
> These were all private communications, based on a private straw
> poll by myself of TC members.  While WSPL appears to have strong
> support from a majority of TC members, it appears we do not have
> the necessary 2/3 majority at this time.  Only one objector was
> specific, saying WSPL is outside the scope of XACML and is
> inconsistent with WS-Policy.  One early public comment was
> received on the list, also claiming WSPL was outside the scope of
> XACML.
>
> I am very much in favor of public discussion.  I again request
> that objectors post their objections publicly to
> [email protected] so that the editor and contributors
> can attempt to resolve them.
>
> If the only objection is that WSPL is outside the scope of XACML,
> yet members believe it meets the published requirements for a web
> services policy language, then perhaps we should start a new
> OASIS TC for it.
>
> Anne
>
> On 16 September, Hal Lockhart writes: RE: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL
>  > From: "Hal Lockhart" <[email protected]>
>  > To: "bill parducci" <[email protected]>,
>  >    "XACML TC" <[email protected]>
>  > Subject: RE: [xacml] Re: postpone vote on WSPL
>  > Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:34:31 -0400
>  >
>  > I haven't seen anything on the list. I take it these have been private
>  > communications. Can this discussion be shared on the list? The new OASIS TC
>  > process emphasizes the importance of conducting TC discussions on the list.
>  >
>  > Hal
>  >
>  > > 

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]