xacml — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
Re: [xacml] Summary of Discussion about Submitting XACML (and SAML)to the ITU
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->xacml message
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [xacml] Summary of Discussion about Submitting XACML (and SAML)to the ITU
- From: Anne Anderson <[email protected]>
- To: Polar Humenn <[email protected]>
- Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:17:53 -0400
On 5 September, Polar Humenn writes: Re: [xacml] Summary of Discussion about Submitting XACML (and SAML) to the ITU > > b) Take another look at submitting 1.1 as a OASIS standard. Part of the > > reason for not submitting 1.1 was that there was no strong reason do do so. > > I disagree. Version 1.1 has updated fixes and should be approved and this > can happen much more readily than any 2.0 work. > > > Perhaps this is the reason. I am pretty sure with a little effort we could > > come up with the necessary attestations, assuming the same criteria as for > > 1.0. We could do the public review and submission in parallel with the 2.0 > > work. I don't expect a lot of comments. The new 20% rule is an issue, but > > Karl says this is likely to be reversed soon and in any event we will have > > to face it for 2.0. I'm not so sanguine about the attestations. Sun's Open Source XACML Implementation is up-to-date with 1.1, but I have not heard from any other implementations. At the time we discussed trying for OASIS Standard, there were no other attestations offered or even suggested as possibilities. I'm assuming there is at least one other vendor about ready to attest now :-), but unless we can get a third, this option is not open to us. I would love to see 1.1 move to OASIS Standard if possible, however. Anne -- Anne H. Anderson Email: [email protected] Sun Microsystems Laboratories 1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311 Tel: 781/442-0928 Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA Fax: 781/442-1692
- References:
- Summary of Discussion about Submitting XACML (and SAML) to the ITU
- From: "Hal Lockhart" <[email protected]>
- Re: [xacml] Summary of Discussion about Submitting XACML (and SAML)to the ITU
- From: Polar Humenn <[email protected]>
- Summary of Discussion about Submitting XACML (and SAML) to the ITU
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]