[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: Ruminations on the future of DocBook
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
/ Dave Pawson <dpawson@nildram.co.uk> was heard to say:
[...]
| Whatever we do, it should still look and feel like DocBook.
| I'd even query that Norm.
| Docbook for technical markup is a strong user of the schema...
| what are the other users?
| what are the percentages?
| I guess I'm saying that the tech doc usage possibly isn't the
| 80-20 anymore?
If we can make DocBook more amenable to customization for uses outside
the computer and hardward software domain, that's great. But I'm
reluctant to open up the scope. Having a constrained scope provides
useful design guidelines.
| Re the prototype;
| I'm annoyed since emacs has given me docbook support for 4 years.
| I'm still looking for a syntax directed editor that will pick up a
| relax-ng schema.
Yeah, that'd be nice.
Be seeing you,
norm
- --
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Man is the only animal who causes
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | pain to others with no other
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | object than wanting to do
| so.--Schopenhauer
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.7 <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>
iD8DBQE/Fvv+OyltUcwYWjsRAom2AJ4yzxGOAbFnO5pQTdFXXOEj14F6VgCfcKto
JngfN5LW1CBZNdcMpboU5Ao=
=7va0
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]