[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: Ruminations on the future of DocBook
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1
/ "Wills, Robert" <Robert.Wills@sts.co.uk> was heard to say:
|>More thinking is definitely in order. By more minds than mine,
|>which is why I'm publishing these essays now.
|
| I for one would be an enthusiastic early adopter of a simpler, more
| consistent DocBook along these lines.
|
| And if you're inviting suggestions...
Absolutely.
| I would like to use an object-oriented approach when dealing with DocBook
| grammars and instance documents, as OO concepts seem to fit the problem
| domain very well.
Uhm, I'm not inclined to agree about OO concepts and XML vocabularies.
http://norman.walsh.name/2003/06/01/xmlnotoo
But providing UML or other useful representations certainly isn't off
the table.
Be seeing you,
norm
- --
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Every vice you destroy has a
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | corresponding virtue, which
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | perishes along with it.--Anatole
| France
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.5.7 <http://mailcrypt.sourceforge.net/>
iD8DBQE/FvrdOyltUcwYWjsRAmNwAKCtkHL1NOu2hRvlHa0r25KwzjXV/wCeLasO
mdcxIPfYaZVLU0b8Rs0QT68=
=WaUe
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]