[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Line break hints
/ Stephen Rasku <stephen@tgivan.com> was heard to say:
| Is there any way to specify line break hints so that long titles will
| break where I want. I have a title in my article which is:
[...]
| Is this possible with DocBook? I am using db2ps on Red Hat Linux 6.2
| if that's relevant.
There's no official DocBook solution, because it's a formatting problem
not a markup problem. Or at least, not a semantic markup problem.
One common solution is to introduce a processing instruction:
<chapter><title>something really<?line-break?>long</title>
But I don't think either the DSSSL or XSL stylesheets support this.
They probably should, it's a common enough request. I'll add it to my
list :-)
Be seeing you,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | My problems start when the smarter
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | bears and the dumber visitors
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | intersect.--Steve Thompson,
| wildlife biologist at Yosemite
| National Park
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC