[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: REST Profile
Hi David thanks for pointing me to the IETF draft.I already have a copy of your JSON draft. Are you proposing to produce an XACMLv2 request/response context in JSON as well?
The reason I am interested in this is that I am currently working on various security features of OpenStack, and one of the next things I will be addressing is its Rest API for accessing a PDP. The XACML REST profile seems like a good contender for moving OpenStack to a standards based API
regards David On 15/12/2012 19:15, David Brossard wrote:
Hi Dave,
Good to hear from you.
Your assumption is correct. The REST profile doesn't define the format
of the request but rather the way you send a request / response.
The RFC Remon (in CC) wrote specifies how the version of XACML can be
indicated (http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-sinnema-xacml-media-type-00.txt).
We're also working on a JSON representation of XACML.
Cheers,
David.
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 6:50 PM, David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@kent.ac.uk
<mailto:d.w.chadwick@kent.ac.uk>> wrote:
Hi David et al.
The Rest profile says that is supports versions 3.0 and earlier.
However I can find no text in the profile that says how earlier
versions of XACML are supported. I assume that when the POST message
is sent to the PDP, it will be set to something like this:
POST /authorization/pdp HTTP/1.0
Host: www.example.com <http://www.example.com>
Accept: application/xacml+xml; version=2.0
Content-Type: application/xacml+xml; version=2.0
and the request context will then follow the XACMLv2 schema.
However, the profile itself is silent on this issue.
regards
David
--
David Brossard, M.Eng, SCEA, CSTP
Product Manager
+46(0)760 25 85 75
Axiomatics AB
Skeppsbron 40
S-111 30 Stockholm, Sweden
http://www.linkedin.com/companies/536082
http://www.axiomatics.com
http://twitter.com/axiomatics
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]