OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2005-09

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Re: [xacml] conformance tests, datatype in attribute value elements of Request.xml files to be removed


 MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->





















xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Re: [xacml] conformance tests, datatype in attribute value elements of Request.xml files to be removed




On 9/20/05, Seth Proctor <[email protected]> wrote:

Wow. I'm surprised those are in the tests. I think you should
definitely remove them, since they're quite misleading and arguably
[1] incorrect.

To be clear, what you're talking about is the case where a Request has:

   <Attribute DataType="..." ...
     <AttributeValue DataType="..." ...

In these cases, you want to remove the DataType attribute in
AttributeValue (which shouldn't actually be recognized by any XACML
processors anyway). Correct?

yes, that's what I was going to do. i started removing these attributed from requests already, and will post the update soon.
 

seth


[1]  The context schema defines its own version of AttributeValue,
which doesn't have the DataType attribute. The schema validation is
passing, I assume, because the AttributeValue is not namespaced
correctly and can therefore be interpreted as an Any element. If it
was correctly reconized as an xacml-context:AttributeValue the schema
validation should fail, since that element doesn't have an attribute.
At least, I think that's right. Does that sound correct to you?

actually, AttributeValue in context schema allows for DataType attribute, imho, because it has this:
<xs:anyAttribute namespace="##any" processContents="lax"/>

basically, you can throw in any attribute into AttributeValue.

thanks,
argyn


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]



[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]