OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2002-06

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Re: [xacml] Standardized PRP request format?


On 3 June, Gerald Brose writes: [xacml] Standardized PRP request format? > I was wondering whether the policy request interface between > the PDP and the PDP would not benefit from a standardized > interface. Looking at the data flow model on p. 15 of the v13 > draft, I noticed that the return value from the PRP has a > standard format (viz. XACML policyStatement) but the request > hasn't. > > I would have thought that interoperability using this interface > would probably be one of the main selling points of XACML > for PEP/PDP vendors ("mechanism vendors") and PRP/PAP > vendors ("policy tool vendors"). I think the initial PDP->PRP request format is the RequestContext. Once one or more PolicySets have been retrieved, subsequent requests might be in the form of a Target and a PolicyID or PolicySetID. Anne -- Anne H. Anderson Email: [email protected] Sun Microsystems Laboratories 1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311 Tel: 781/442-0928 Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA Fax: 781/442-1692

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]