OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2002-06

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

[xacml] Standardized PRP request format?


Hi, I was wondering whether the policy request interface between the PDP and the PDP would not benefit from a standardized interface. Looking at the data flow model on p. 15 of the v13 draft, I noticed that the return value from the PRP has a standard format (viz. XACML policyStatement) but the request hasn't. I would have thought that interoperability using this interface would probably be one of the main selling points of XACML for PEP/PDP vendors ("mechanism vendors") and PRP/PAP vendors ("policy tool vendors"). I had a brief discussion about this issue with Don and Konstantin the other day but would like to collect more opinions from the list (now that I finally can post to it :-) Thanks, Carlisle, for sorting out the mailing-list problems) Best regards, Gerald. -- Dr. Gerald Brose, Software Architect mailto:[email protected] Xtradyne Technologies http://www.xtradyne.com Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, Phone: +49-30-440 306-27 D-10119 Berlin, Germany Fax : +49-30-440 306-78

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]