OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2002-02

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

[xacml] PDP Inputs and Outputs


Title: PDP Inputs and Outputs I have looked again at the charter. It says "Note that, aside from the XACML policy instance itself, all PDP inputs and outputs MUST be SAML-compliant (i.e., conform with the assertions and protocol messages defined in the SS-TC SAML specification), although other syntaxes/formats for the PDP input and output MAY be supported in addition to this." I had been taking this to mean that the XACML policy language must be capable of accepting the inputs provided from SAML. I had not construed this to mean that XACML must be restricted to use just the format that SAML uses. For example, if SAML provides A and we support A or B or C this is ok. I admit that I had mostly been thinking about user attributes as an input, where there is no real issue, since SAML attributes can use arbitrary schemas. Hal

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]