OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2001-08

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: [Use Case:] PFC


Title: RE: [Use Case:] PFC Bill, I agree open standards are good, and would love to go with an open standard for documents, but the problem is that for most people, the tools are just too difficult. I don't want to have to edit documents in an XML editor because I'm not accustomed to using one day to day like I am Word. That is probably the case for most people bound to a Windows desktop and if we want to do any type of formatting on our documents. I know some probably prefer other tools and are welcome to use them, but we need conversion to a standard to have interoperability. If you are the editor and are publishing for others to review, either PDF or Word are good choices. If others have to edit or incorporate your doc into something else, we should probably go with Word. You're right though, the group needs to make the decision which is why I raised it to begin with and offered up SAML's document as a starting point as they probably spent more time on this subject than was necessary trying to be "open-standard" friendly. Ken Yagen Director, Software Development CrossLogix, Inc www.crosslogix.com

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]