OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2001-08

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: Another Group - Role Distinction?


Hmmm ... Can you say more about this "> authorizations granted to roles can propagate to their sub roles > (you may not always want propagation to preserve least privilege)." And "> In such a context authorization propagation when dealing with > roles can > have an additional aspect: if a user is authorized to > activate a role s/he > can also activate roles that are generalization of it." I need to be clear about "generalization". In the hierarchy Chief Auditor Senior Auditor Junior Auditor Which is a generalization of Senior Auditor? From you statement and what I think the security should be, I would say a Senior Auditor can activate a Junior Auditor role. However, based on my understanding of the term "generalization" I would say Chief Auditor. >

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]