OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  xacml  ·  2001-06

xacml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

RE: access control information (formerly... Strawman)


On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Simon Y. Blackwell wrote: > !!! I had almost introduced the concept of Horn Clauses a few days ago, but > I figured it might be too obscure. I do think it is something we should > explore when defining the policy language. However, coming to agreement on > the standard set of primitive predicates will be a substantial rub! Well, that's what I am doing and it seems to work quite nicely. The only problem you have, is that many people haven't taken classes in logic. :( Just as an aside, I find out that you have to restrict the Horn clauses you write, due to somebody handing you a rouge certificate containing an unterminating recursive definition. Kind of a bad thing,And of course, you need some standard primatives so you don't have entire character based prolog programs inside certificates. However, you can get alot done with just a few, and a full procedure. And you have a well defined evaluation semantics. Cheers, -Polar > > > >

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]