As I understand it, SAML currently has Subject X Object with various subcomponents under each. The most important thing is for XACML NOT to use Subject as in the first draft (Policy Subject). That would be extremely confusing. I am happy with Target or Resource and could even live with Object. Target seems a little more general and abstract, and is therefore is my preference. For example, consider a QoS scenario. The thing being protected is not so much the resource, as the attributes of its use. I have argued in another message that I think the two high level categories are not Subject and Object, but Evidence (the inputs to policy evaluation) and Resource (Target). I see Subject as one (very important) kind of evidence, rather than a fundamental category. Similarly, Target is likely to have sub components, such as Object, Action, Signature, Inputs, etc. I agree that we will have to define some kind of superset policy model that covers not necessarily all theoretically possible models, but all models of practical interest to the constituencies we represent. Hal >