[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [wsbpel] Issue - 166 - Does atomicity in assign imply variable locking?
Hello Dieter:
> .. there is nothing in the definition of ACID
> transactions that tells you how to implement them...
> Atomicity requires that either all of the assign, or
> none of the assign succeeded. Why does the specification
> have to state whether a read/write lock is used to
> guarantee atomicity? This sounds like an implementation
> detail to me. I think Section 14.3 is on the right track
> and nothing is wrong with it.
Does this sound like I am arguing about how ACID
transactions are implemented?
It seems to me that there are multiple issues being
proposed in Issue 166. To recap, I am addressing:
Q: Does atomicity in assign imply variable locking?
My answer: This is irrelevant to the BPEL application
programmer.
[this seems to be the proposal. 166 is not clear]
Proposal: Use of isolation{} or implicit scope
serialization to guarantee consistant
variable update.
My answer: I don't believe either of these strategies
guarantee a consistant variable state
update. I gave an example.
Cheers,
Andrew
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]