[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: AW: [wsbpel] Assigning the Value of the Service-Ref Element
|
Just for completeness: What is sketched under „deployment time“ is not necessarily only thus static. The deployment descriptor may contain a “declarative description” of the endpoints bound at runtime.� Such a descriptor is evaluated at runtime and one of the qualifying endpoints will be selected and dynamically bound. Gruss / Regards -----Urspr�ngliche
Nachricht-----
� Deployment time: In a deployment descriptor (outside of the scope of this TC), a partnerLink will be bound to a static message endpoint. The content of endpoint can be verified at deployment time. � Assign: o from one partnerLink to another partnerLink: the content endpoint is already verified (at least in terms from service-ref element viewpoint.) o from one XML element variable to a parterLink: � If the schema of the XML element variable references to bpws:service-ref directly, then it seems to me that we can do runtime checking. Compile-time checking is not that feasible in that case. � If the schema of XML element references to an element of a restricted type derived from "bpws:ServiceRefType", then we can extend the scope of checking of the endpoint reference content much boarder. The checking can happen during compile-time or whenever data is validated against the schema. I believe the direct assignment from a restricted type to a parent type is legal. (That will be clarified in Issue 157.) (I also attache a sample XSD for this restricted type). �
If the schema of the XML element references to a
particular addressing schema without referencing through bpws:service-ref or
its derived type, the assignment of the variable to the partnerLink is still
feasible. The assignment can be done by either two copy operations within one
assign (one copy to create an empty service-ref with an empty target address
element, the second one copy the address data from the variable) or using a
from-spec that support a language similar to XQuery: e.g.:
Hello: I would like to soon implement section Nine (variables,expressions, and assignment) of the BPEL4WS specification.I am trying to figure out how to implement partnerLinks,keeping issue 34 and 152 in mind. I am trying to figure out the machinery for service-ref.I have a question: how are the values for the service-refelement and more specifically, the reference-schemaacquired? Since service-element is partner specificand one binds this partner specific information essentiallyat runtime (you pick an actual port/end-point), it seemsto me that service-ref is difficult to use for compiletime checking. For example, how to I figure out if avariable or variable property's type agree with apartnerlink's EPR, if I can only really only know thisat runtime? At best I can only do a runtime� type checkingfor what the specification calls "undefined behaviour."It also seems to me that this information is difficultto acquire a priori. Is my compiler/BPEL tool looking ata WSDL or a UDDI tModel? Do I really need all this machinery to invoke sayAmazon's, Google's, or most currently existing webservices? I am interested to hear how others are approaching thisproblem. Cheers,Andrew To unsubscribe from this mailing list (and be removed from the roster of the OASIS TC), go to http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wsbpel/members/leave_workgroup.php. �
|
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]