ubl-sbsc — archive
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]
Re: [ubl-sbsc]Groups-UBL-1.0-SBS-1.0-beta-2-in-progress-20050312(UBL-1-0-SmallBusinessSubset-1-0
MHonArc v2.5.0b2 -->ubl-sbsc message
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [ubl-sbsc]Groups-UBL-1.0-SBS-1.0-beta-2-in-progress-20050312(UBL-1-0-SmallBusinessSubset-1-0
- From: "Stephen Green" <[email protected]>
- To: <[email protected]>
- Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:36:07 +0000
Ken Greetings. I was really thinking of something which might be more tricky: Having a namespace for the xpath-file schema is probably necessary but then we also need a namespace, I believe, for every list of XPaths (hopefully in XML, hence the relevance of a namespace) for every UBL document type. I'm thinking of a namespace, that is, not applied to a W3C Schema as usual but applied to an XML instance which functions like a schema. It would therefore mean, I think, creating our own root element attribute called namespace and having a uri as its value. This is if we are going to have a set of files in XML which each list the XPaths of the SBS of a UBL Document. It is these files which I'm thinking would need the namespace and possibly version attributes for the root element e.g. <(prefix):(root element name) xmlns:(prefix)="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:sbsc:xpath" namespace="urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:sbs:xpath:Order-1.0" version="1.0-beta-2"> We'd therefore still need a set of uri's and appropriate rulings about them - one uri for the namespace of the Schema of the xpaths lists and others for the xpaths list themselves. All the best Steve >>> "G. Ken Holman" <[email protected]> 23/03/05 15:22:58 >>> At 2005-03-23 13:51 +0000, Stephen Green wrote: >Is there any way we can include a namespace declaration >in our most normative XPath XML files for the SBS? Do you mean by this question "can we put the vocabulary into a particular namespace"? Sure, but it will take some time for me to change my Python programs to be namespace aware. Maybe I can just cheat and leave everything in the default namespace since these tools are interim tools until other tools generate the XPath information. >This would appear to be a requirement for citing the SBS >normative documents in such things as BPSS and ebMS >instances. I didn't realize that non-namespace vocabularies were not allowed. Okay, next question ... probably to the SSC ... what are the UBL policies for choosing namespace URI strings for subcommittee projects? Maybe I should ask this of the TC. How about something like: urn:oasis:names:tc:ubl:sbsc:xpath ................... Ken -- World-wide on-site corporate, govt. & user group XML/XSL training. G. Ken Holman mailto:[email protected] Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal
- Follow-Ups:
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
[Date Prev]
| [Thread Prev]
| [Thread Next]
| [Date Next]
— [Date Index]
| [Thread Index]
| [Month Index]
| [List Home]