OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

soa-rm-ra message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] reaching closure on Action


Once we have closure, capturing the issues is just some careful grunt work. �The challenge is reaching closure quickly.

Ken

On Jun 8, 2008, at 8:07 PM, Danny Thornton wrote:

I am just catching up on last weeks message threads.� If we can capture
these discussions as issues in our next issues spread sheet that would
be helpful.� The issues spread sheet can reference the title of a
message thread relating to the issue and the date of a message when
applicable. Links to Kavi diagrams can also be added to an issue.

Danny

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [soa-rm-ra] reaching closure on Action
From: Ken Laskey <klaskey@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, June 06, 2008 12:02 pm
To: soa-rm-ra <[email protected]>

Dear Fellow Explorers,�

We've had some very stimulating discussions over the past few weeks but
I feel there are other things caught in limbo until we reach some
consensus.� I don't think we are plagued by major disagreements but
rather the different facets of complexity for the range of things we
want to capture and make understandable to a wider audience.


So I think we need a plan for how to proceed.� The elements of such a
plan would cover
1. capturing the different facets;
2. capturing where in the document these facets currently live;
3. work a consistent understanding that covers all the facets.


Unfortunately, this is not an 80-20 situation because a standard that
only covers 80% of the scope is looking for trouble.


Now I would suggest an extended call (all day?) but I realize we are all
busy and that may not be feasible.� What's more is it may not be
productive unless we have all the background material together going in.



As a precursor to an extended meeting (or even a regular meeting), is it
possible for us to have a short list of questions and for the author of
each section to satisfy items 1 and 2 above through the answers?� Would
that be enough to help structure a productive (and hopefully not too
long) call?


I haven't yet considered the questions, but figured I'd float the idea
and see if someone came up with something better.


Ken




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305 � � phone:� 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive� � � � � � � � � � � � fax:� � � � 703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ken Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H305� � ��phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive�� � � � � � � � � � � ��fax:�� � ��703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508







[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]