[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: [OASIS Issue Tracker] Commented: (OFFICE-2576) Public Comment: OnRDF in ODF
[ http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2576?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=18793#action_18793 ]
Dennis Hamilton commented on OFFICE-2576:
-----------------------------------------
I think there are two parts to this. Soren identifies a problem. Then he proposes a solution. I don't question that his solution might belong in ODF-next. For one thing, his proposal appears to be a way to keep all RDF external to content.xml and only deal with importing fields/content from the RDF into content.xml whenever desired.
Ignoring his proposal does not remove the problem and perhaps something should be done about that *now*. In particular, why do we have the problem and is there another way to deal with it, e.g., by allowing more of the RDFa attributes, including xhtml:rel and especially xhtml:rev ? It seems strange to allow incomplete embedded markup and REQUIRE external RDF when RDFa (and RDF-XML) have plenty of ways to to keep things simpler.
I suppose we can always use RDF-XML anywhere as foreign elements in content.xml and let the chips fall where they may. I rather fancy CURIEs though.
OFF TOPIC: There is no help for this at this point, but I am baffled why we chose RDFa when RDF-XML was well-established and our content is conveyed in XML already. If it is for the easier compactness with RDFa allowed, I don't understand why we don't allow all of it to ensure completeness.
> Public Comment: On RDF in ODF
> -----------------------------
>
> Key: OFFICE-2576
> URL: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2576
> Project: OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
> Issue Type: Improvement
> Components: Metadata
> Affects Versions: ODF 1.2 Part 1 CD 4
> Reporter: Robert Weir
> Fix For: ODF-Next
>
>
> Copied from office-comment list
> Original author: Søren Roug <soren.roug@eea.europa.eu>
> Original date: 27 Feb 2010 17:51:04 -0000
> Original URL: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201002/msg00037.html
--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]