OASIS Open Mailing List Archives  ·  All Lists  ·  legaldocml  ·  2014-04

legaldocml — archive

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]

Schema Review Findings


Hi Monica, Fabio, I am working with rather large documents now, via transforms into the latest schema - large enough to crash Oxygen with regularity. A few observations - none of which would be showstoppers to me. (The inability to have a dash, as reported earlier is a bigger issue for me) 1) I notice that table cells cannot contain character content. That's different from HTML and a bit cumbersome. Is there a reason that the <td> element is defined to be so complex? 2) I'm still not crazy about the <wrap> element. I keep mistaking it for a wrapper rather than a concluder. 3) I am having to create a <block name="heading" eid="..."> in my <note> elements that have headings. While it is a workable solution, it seems a little awkward. 4) I find having to have an @eId on the <heading> and <content> elements to be a little heavy handed. I think they should be optional. 5) We have something called source note or source credit. It shows up in California, Hong Kong, and the U.S. Code. It's simply a note in the form of a citation to the legislation that originated or last amended the provision. I've modeled it as follows: <block name="sourceCredit" eId="...">(R.S. §§?31–33 <ref eId="..." href= L. 104-186, title II, §? 202(2)</ref>, <date eId="..." date="1996-08-20">Aug. 20, 1996</date></block> It this the best approach? Should it be a note? Opinions? 6) How should I denote provisions that are shown as "omitted". This shows up both in Hong Kong and in the U.S. Code. It is often a tombstone for a provision that has been expended or spent - it no longer has any effect although it is not repealed. Similarly, there are cases where repealed provisions are retained in the text (as repealed) for informative or editorial reasons. 7) I used <alinea> for a provision that I found between two <paragraphs> It doesn't seem to belong to either paragraph. Is this the correct usage? If not, what is? I think this is enough review for now. -- Grant ____________________________________________________________________ Grant Vergottini Xcential Group, LLC. email: [email protected] phone: 858.361.6738

[Date Prev]  |  [Thread Prev]  |  [Thread Next]  |  [Date Next]   —  [Date Index]  |  [Thread Index]  |  [Month Index]  |  [List Home]