[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook] Best Practise of Referencing Between Modules in Assemblies?
On 17.5.2012 19:32, Thomas Schraitle wrote:
> as I'm currently playing with DocBook assemblies, I'm wondering about the
> "best practise" of referencing from one module into another.
...
> What do you think? Do you have used assemblies already and how do you deal
> with referencing? Do I miss anything?
First, it's good that someone is using assemblies -- it would be very
hard to develop them without feedback from users. Regarding links, I
think that proper way of linking is to use XLink pointing to source XML
file of module and optionally to ID withing this fragment. E.g.:
<xref xlink:href="installation.xml#system.requirements"/>
However I'm not sure that stylesheets are already supporting this mechanism.
Jirka
--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz http://xmlguru.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional XML consulting and training services
DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
------------------------------------------------------------------
OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member
------------------------------------------------------------------
Attachment:
signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]