[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: XML Docbook validators?
I'm trying to find a good XML/Docbook validator that can work in a mixed
environment where I have project where 90% is docbook but also 10% based on
older XHTML which is validated against DTD's (for example
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd" )
The problem I have is that while the docbooks validate fine as soon as I try to
use any of the W3C DTD's they will fail since they use the syntax (for example)
<!ENTITY % ContentType "CDATA"
-- media type, as per [RFC2045]
-->
which will fail to parse since the validators think that the ENTITY element is
missing an ending ">" and don't understand the "--" as a comment.
Is there anyone who knows a good validator for both Docbook and older DTD's ?
(I've tried Xerces and Sun's MSV)
Cheers,
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]