[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: Customising XSL sheets - Figures
Hello again,
I seem to have worked this one out for myself.
A <textobject> isn't meant to be the caption, suprisingly, that's what
<caption> is for. The <textobject> will be converted to a new file if
it contains anything other than <phrase>, and <phrase> is used as the
alt on the displayed <imageobject>.
In the end, it looks like:
<figure id="figure.7a" label="7a">
<title>Anatolia</title>
<mediaobject>
<imageobject>
<imagedata fileref="mars/data/figure07a-anatoliamap.jpg" format="JPG" />
</imageobject>
<textobject>
<phrase>NASA location map</phrase>
</textobject>
<caption>
<para>NASA location map for the surface depression called Anatolia.</para>
</caption>
</mediaobject>
</figure>
A bit of tag soup, but for all intents and purposes does the job.
-- Aidan
On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 12:10:00 +1100, Aidan Lister <aidanis@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> When making use of the <figure> element, the <textobject> is placed on
> a separate page. I'd prefer it was just displayed under the figure.
>
> I tried tracking it down through the XSL, but it jumps all over the
> place and I wasn't quite sure where it was happening.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> <figure id="figure.7a" label="7a">
> <title>Anatolia</title>
> <mediaobject>
> <imageobject>
> <imagedata fileref="mars/data/figure07a-anatoliamap.jpg" />
> </imageobject>
> <textobject>
> <para>NASA location map for the surface depression called
> Anatolia.</para>
> </textobject>
> </mediaobject>
> </figure>
>
> When parsed, this created a page called ld-id2859198.html and placed a
> link "[D]" under the figure rather than the text. I assume "ld" means
> "longdesc".
>
> If there's a parameter to disable this, that would be great, otherwise
> any tips of which part of the style sheets to customise would be
> appreciated.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Aidan Lister
>
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]