[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Re: XInclude vs. external entities (Re: The best way to'include' parts...)
I've been trying to download the URI resolver from
http://wwws.sun.com/software/xml/developers/resolver/
for two weeks now; keep getting some transaction error.
Is there any alternative location where I could get it?...
Thanks a lot
-----Original Message-----
From: ed nixon [mailto:ed.nixon@lynnparkplace.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 17:23
To: Norman Walsh
Cc: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: XInclude vs. external entities (Re: The best way
to 'include' parts...)
Norman Walsh wrote:
> <snip/>
> If I was going to use XInclude in my own system, I'd use URNs and allow
> the URI resolver to get the right filename:
>
> <xi:include href="urn:publicid:-:Norman+Walsh:Document+My+File:EN"/>
Sorry, Norm. Could you please give a "real" example. I am confused by
the proliferation of dashes, colons and plus signs. I sort of see a
PUBLIC identifier there but I'm not sure and I don't make a connection
to where this resolution takes place, how this href string is broken
down and then put back together again. Little steps, please.
A pointer to some documentation on this would be a help, as well.
Thanks, this is really looking interesting as a win-win situation.
...edN
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC