[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: modifying Norman's DSSSL stylesheets
On Qua, 2002-08-07 at 16:04, Carlos Araya wrote:
> You don't modify the stylesheets (either DSSSL or XSL) directly, you
> write a customization layer that makes the changes you want to the
> core stylesheets.
>
> Look at:
>
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch02.html for creating Docbook
> documents and
> http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch04.html for writing
> customization layers.
This describes how to modify the DocBook DTD (if I got it right). It
doesn't mention stylesheets...
> You can use a CSS stylesheet with docbook. I use primarily XSL so I
> can't tell you more about dsssl. CSS is something completley
> different than either XSL or dsssl, you use that to tweak the
> transformed HTML, I don't think it works with FO
I just asked because I remembered that the CSS definition allows for the
specification of the medium (web, print, audio, etc). I just wanted to
know if there were tools that made it possible to use CSS print
stylessheets and if anyone was using it.
Thanks
--
Mario Filipe
mjnf@uevora.pt
http://neptuno.sc.uevora.pt/~mjnf
Attachment:
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC