OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]


Subject: DOCBOOK: Errors in translations of DocBook dbl1xx.ent files


Hello

I'm a Swedish user of the DocBook 3.1 DTD and the DSSSL stylesheets. I
am currently trying to transfer a Swedish LaTeX tutorial from LaTeX to
DocBook and I was very pleased when I found that DocBook had support
for Swedish.

I quickly became quite annoyed when I discovered several quite bad
translations in the 'dbl1sv.ent' file.

For example:

"Revision History" isn't "Revisions Historik", it's "Revisionshistorik".
"Preface" isn't "F�retal", it's "F�rord".
"Section" isn't "Sektion", it's "Avsnitt".
"Set" isn't "Set", it's "M�ngd" (and "Set Index" is "M�ngdindex").
"Abstract" isn't "Abstrakt", it's "Sammanfattning".
"Appendix" isn't "Appendix", it's "Bilaga".

... and so on.

The funniest translation was of "Edited" and "Edited by" which someone
had translated into the Swedish equivalent of "Published" and
"Published by".

Now, how do I go about reporting this bug? How may I change these
kinds of things in my stylesheet (it *is* a stylesheet matter, isn't
it?) without making actual changes to my 'dbl1sv.ent' file?

Cheers!

/A

ps: Where did my last e-mail to this list go. I haven't seen it
    although it was about 12h since I posted it...

-- 
----------------------------------{ www.it.uu.se }----------------------
---{ Andreas Kahari }---------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------{ Uppsala University }-------



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]


Powered by eList eXpress LLC