[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: What are the semantics of list number continuation?
/ Terry Allen <tallen@sonic.net> was heard to say:
| Too much caffeine?
Huh!?
| and "but is not an ancestor" fails when you have a lists 3
| deep within a top-level list that has a preceding sublist 2 deep:
[renumbering]
| A
| B
| A'
| B'
| C
| A''
I meant for but-not-an-ancestor to cover the following case:
B' can continue B, but not A'. Likewise, C can continue B but
not B' or A'. A'' continues C (IMHO).
| I agree we didn't define the semantics as tightly in prose
| as we might, but I'm hard pressed to see what reasonable
| alternative there is to the straightforward interpretation.
Considering that we seem to have completely different notions of
what the straightforward interpretation is (or we're utterly
failing to communicate), I can't agree.
Cheers,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Whatever you may be sure of, be
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | sure of this: that you are
Member, DocBook Editorial Board | dreadfully like other
| people.--James Russell Lowell
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC