[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Invalid references to <section> and <programlisting> in an article doctype.
On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 05:33:31PM -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com.br> was heard to say:
> | > Hmmm, xrefs do not work on sections?? That is strange.
> |
> | They work only if the lang attribute isn't used. I've tried that. I'm
> | writing documents using lang="pt-br".
>
> It turns out that, in addition to providing correct entities for L10N,
> the dbl1??.dsl files need to be fleshed out to allow cross references.
> Alas, I've allowed some of the L10Ns to get out of sync. Fixing these
> is going to be tedious.
>
> In the meantime, send me the ones you trip over and I'll try to fix
> them asap.
I only use ptbr ones. These are the same that you made available in
db150.zip and the one that fixed the "section" xref problem. I can
send them if you don't have them already (I didn't send them before so
that we don't duplicate information).
> | There's no need of a list of "programlistings". I was trying to make a
> | cross-reference to a listing in the middle of the text. I'll have to
> | include this programlisting in an example or something like that so
> | that I can make the cross-reference. I'd like to have an xref to the
> | programlisting and see in the text "listing 1". It would be useful for
> | making references to program code (they are not "examples" they are
> | code that should be typed or consulted as a reference).
>
> So, given
>
> <programlisting id="foo">
> ...
> </programlisting>
>
> and
>
> <programlisting id="bar">
> ...
> </programlisting>
>
>
> You'd like to see
>
> <para>See <xref linkend="foo"> and <xref linkend="bar">.</para>
>
> translated into
>
> See listing 1 and listing 2.
>
> That could be done. At what level would you want programlistings
> to be renumbered? Within chapters, sections, books?
The same level as examples is ok to me. I think that it isn't an
arbitrary position but one that is aesthetically better (and which
makes reading more pleasantly).
Thanks,
--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com.br> GPG Fingerprint
851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783
"Ser poeta n�o � minha ambi��o, E932 1330 BE6D A4A3 0625
� minha maneira de estar sozinho"
- Fernando Pessoa. Publica��es @ Conectiva S.A.
Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.
Exceto onde explicitado as declara��es aqui feitas s�o apenas minhas.
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC