[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Problem customizing appendix title (for PDF)
Hi all,
I want the label of an appendix in an article to show up in a final PDF
as follows:
Bijlage 1. SomeDutchTitle
(The word "Bijlage" is Dutch for "Appendix".)
So the text "Bijlage" is to be prepended to the appendix number.
Chapter 9 of the book "Docbook XSL, The complete
Guide", pages 105 and 106, covers this customization. Or online:
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomGentext.html
It reads:
<l:context name="title">
<l:template name="appendix" text="Appendix %n. %t"/>
...
Below, you find a minimal docbook xml source. Also a minimal docbook xsl
file, analogous to the above customization in English, which I applied
using xsltproc. Finally, I used fop to generate
the final PDF (which seems to me irrelevant to the issue).
I fail to produce output that has *any* text prepended to the appendix's
number (i.e. even regardless the Dutch language).
Does anybody see what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any insight,
Erik Leunissen
--
# Docbook XML source
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<article version="5.0" xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"
xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:m="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:db="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook">
<info>
<title>MyArticle</title>
<author>
<personname><firstname>Erik</firstname><surname>Leunissen</surname></personname>
<affiliation>
<orgname/>
</affiliation>
</author>
<pubdate/>
</info>
<section>
<title>MySection</title>
<para>Some section text.</para>
</section>
<appendix>
<title>My appendix</title>
<para/>
</appendix>
</article>
--
# Docbook XSL
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"
exclude-result-prefixes="d"
version="1.0">
<!-- base stylesheet -->
<xsl:import
href="/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/docbook-xsl-ns/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
<xsl:param name="appendix.autolabel" select="1"/>
<xsl:param name="l10n.gentext.language">nl</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="local.l10n.xml" select="document('')"/>
<l:i18n xmlns:l="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/xmlns/l10n/1.0">
<l:l10n language="nl">
<l:context name="title">
<l:template name="appendix" text="Bijlage %n.  %t"/>
</l:context>
</l:l10n>
</l:i18n>
</xsl:stylesheet>
--
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]