[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Ripping out a@name generating code from the stylesheets[was: <link linkend> in XHTML output]
Michael(tm) Smith wrote:
> That reminds me: Wasn't there some discussion a while back about
> the DocBook Project revising the stylesheets so that they never
> output a@name at all? I think all browsers in wide use today
> understand @id just fine and don't need a@name. Or is there some
> other reason for keeping the a@name stuff that I'm missing?
If you are delivering your HTML generated from DocBook to QNX operating
system @id is of no use ;-)
Not very common case, but I few months ago I did very extensive
customization of stylesheet to output very small HTML subset supported
on that operating system.
Jirka
--
------------------------------------------------------------------
Jirka Kosek e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz http://xmlguru.cz
------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional XML consulting and training services
DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
------------------------------------------------------------------
OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member
------------------------------------------------------------------
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]