[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: space and quotes in French
/ camille <camille@mandrakesoft.com> was heard to say:
| Hi,
|
| using the following sample
| ----------------------------------------
| <!DOCTYPE para PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
| <para lang="fr">Bonjour <quote>Monde</quote>.</para>
| ----------------------------------------
|
| with docbook-style-dsssl-1.74b and openjade-1.3.1 leads to something
| like that:
|
| ----------------------------------------
| Bonjour ��Monde�.
| ----------------------------------------
|
| the space after � is correct, but there should be one another before �.
Looking in dbl1fr.dsl, I see what I think is a bug:
(define %gentext-fr-end-quote% (string-append (dingbat "raquo") "\U-00A0;"))
Shouldn't that space be before the end-quote? I've fixed it locally.
| Also, according to the Tex code snippet below, it is not a non-breakable
| space (it should be of course)
|
| ----------------------------------------
| {5\p@}\def\saConditional%
| {1}}Bonjour \Node%
| {\def\Element%
| {1}}\Seq%
| {}��Monde��\endSeq{}\endNode{}.\endPar{}\endNode{}\endNode{}\endSeq{}\endFOT{}
| ----------------------------------------
It's a non-breakable space in what you sent :-)
| I couldn't find the related code in the stylesheets (no clue in the
| "quote" definition in dbinline.dsl) so if you have any idea...
For locale stuff, the appropriate dbl1XX.dsl file is always a good place to look
Be seeing you,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Man's sensitivity to little things
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | and insensitivity to the greatest
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | are the signs of a strange
| disorder.--Pascal
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC