[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Making the jump to XML
/ Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com> was heard to say:
| >>>>> "N" == Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:
|
| N> There are no problems with CDATA sections. It's marked sections
| N> controlled by parameter entity references in the document
| N> content that are problematic.
|
| That's more encouraging. So is my alternative is to use element
| attributes and then seperate different output versions by filtering
| these in the stylesheet? (the way I now filter status="review"
| sections).
I'm not sure I follow at all. I assumed you wanted something like this:
<programlisting><![CDATA[#include <stdio.h>
blah blah blah
]]></programlisting>
Which is perfectly legit XML.
| Can anyone recommend a good beginner's guide to the XSL stylesheets?
I hear good things about Micheal Kay's book.
Be seeing you,
norm
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The truest wild beasts live in the most
http://nwalsh.com/ | populous places.--Graci\'an
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC