[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Emacs/PSGML (Re: Questions Concerning Style Sheets)
Gary Lawrence Murphy <garym@canada.com> writes:
> I will admit, if I had the time, I would customize Emacs PSGML mode to
> use different fontfaces instead of just different colours, and I would
> like to see the text contained within certain tags to be rendered
> differently when I hide the tags. If I had the time, I'd fix TkSGML
> (except the authors don't trust me and keep their sources closed) but
> I haven't the time for either, so I'm stuck with PSGML mode and my
> imagination.
Start with xxml.el:
From: Fran�ois Pinard <pinard@iro.umontreal.ca>
Subject: Re: gnome-libs man pages.
To: Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net>
Cc: Wolfgang Sourdeau <wolfgang@ultim.net>, [email protected],
gnome-devel-list@gnome.org,
Ian McKellar <yakk-gnome-devel@yakk.net.au>,
Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com>, Havoc Pennington <[email protected]>
Date: 07 Jul 2000 09:35:25 -0400
[...]
[Karl Eichwalder]
> Of course, you're right. Sorry, I forgot to mention xxml.el is an
> add-on for psgml (better indentation, tag coloring is more customizable).
> xxml.el isn't released officially; but Fran�ois already confessed that
> it works for him -- and I also see its merits (worksforme, too).
I'm not Internet-connected as I write, but I guess that one could get my work
version of `xxml.el' as one of:
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pinard/fp-etc/dist/xxml/xxml.el
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/fp-etc/dist/xxml/xxml.el
(depending on symbolic links to be properly set). If you like to click,
use my `.signature' below to get on my little site, choose `FP etc' on
the left, and proceed from there. I also have a related Babyl file that
I just put back in the same directory, and which I'll likely synchronise
later today to `www.iro'.
`xxml.el' relies on the PSGML API. For `xxml.el', colouring is acceptable
as is, indentation is very acceptable, but refilling needs more work, yet
in many cases, it does what I want. I think `xxml.el' is simple to use.
Comments are welcome, of course.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- cut here -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
--
work : ke@suse.de | ------ ,__o
: http://www.suse.de/~ke/ | ------ _-\_<,
home : keichwa@gmx.net | ------ (*)/'(*)
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]
Powered by eList eXpress LLC