[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [cti] [EXT] [cti] Location as a Top-Level SDO
|
Yeah +1 to Pat…we’re a CTI org, let’s not maintain a database of geolocations.
More generally I also agree w/ Allan that this doesn’t really impact the SDO question. Either you:
It would be nice to enumerate these types of scenarios and see how we can deal with each of them in each approach. I talked to Allan and I think he has the beginnings of that
document started, I’ll get with him to push it to Google docs so we can all look over it. John From:
<cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Patrick Maroney <[email protected]> My .02: If we're building, publishing, maintaining our own Geo-Location Data, we're doing something wrong. This is one wheel we do not need to re-invent...again just my .02. Patrick Maroney Principal Engineer - Data Science & Analytics Wapack Labs LLC (609)841-5104 On Jun 11, 2017, at 11:58 PM, Bret Jordan <Bret_Jordan@symantec.com> wrote: So if we were going to do this, we would probably need to build a library of locations by country and regions and publish them as a Committee Note and hope people just use the them for locations
at the granularity of a country or group of countries. Bret From: cti@lists.oasis-open.org
<cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Jason Keirstead <[email protected]> You are assuming that we don't create a repository of "standard" location SDOs for things like continent and country names - IE the things that people would want to share in
the first place. Which, I don't see why we would not do this, seeing how we're doing it for things like CAPEC. -
|
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]