[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [cti] [EXT] [cti] Embedded Relationships
|
Revoked -> this relationship was created in error and we want to remove its existence from future consideration No longer active -> this relationship was active, is legitimate but we (as source of the reln) have determined that the connection is no longer at time X Semantically they are different. I can see why you might think it’s the same but they’re not. At least in my mind.
☺ allan From:
"cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of "Wunder, John" <[email protected]> I don’t think I really follow the difference…can you give a couple examples (of no longer valid vs. no longer active)? From:
<cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Allan Thomson <[email protected]> Revoked does not mean ‘no longer active’. It means the data is no longer valid. That’s semantically different. I think we need a different attribute to represent no longer active. allan From:
"Wunder, John" <jwunder@mitre.org> Relationships are just a type of STIX Object and so already have a `revoked` property. Is that what we’re talking about here? If so I think we’re already covered. From:
<cti@lists.oasis-open.org> on behalf of Allan Thomson <[email protected]> Pat – not sure I follow. All of our CRUD operations/versioning are timestamped based in the current STIX 2.0 spec.
I don’t believe I’m suggesting something that is different from what we already have. Just making sure we follow that design. Regards allan From:
Patrick Maroney <pmaroney@wapacklabs.com> Re Allan's comments:
Since this topic has surfaced again, I'll throw out the Time Based Versioning Concept again. Whoa! Whoa! Rocinante*!!! Relax.. We are not attacking this windmill again!!
Patrick Maroney Principal Engineer - Data Science & Analytics Wapack Labs LLC (609)841-5104 |
[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]